The Mikveh was built in 1932, but by the 1980’s had fallen into a state of disrepair and was no longer used. In 1998, Rabbi Sedley obtained permission from the Council to bring it back into use. The building was cleaned out, the bath tiled and a boiler installed. The fittings however were old fashioned and required replacement and there were structural problems with the building.
The building is a grade 2 Listed building and in 2003 with a substantial grant from the Lottery Heritage Fund and generous donations from individual donors, work was commenced on a complete renovation of the building and facilities. The project was completed in 2004 and was officially opened in March of that year by Lady Jacobovits.
We now have a fully restored Mikveh under the supervision of Dayan Gukovitski and run by a team of knowledgeable and enthusiastic ladies. The Mikveh has modern facilities but retains the quality and character of the original. There is also a splendid stained glass window that was donated by its maker Valerie.